1:1 Personal Workshops tailored for you
Explore Ireland's most northerly county, and arguably its most spectacular, Donegal encapsulates everything that makes the Wild Atlantic Way so amazing.
Discover the iconic locations this county has to offer with an experienced and knowledgeable local photographer.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
From the novice to the experienced photographer and everyone in between. Your actual skill level doesn’t matter, what does matter is that you have an DSLR or mirrorless camera - and a tripod. These are 1:1 or 1:2 workshops.
This is so there will be enough time to give you personal advice and answer questions that are relevant to you. My intention is not only to provide a memorable experience, but also to share my knowledge and passion for the skill of photography in the beautiful surroundings of Donegal.
You will need to have a reasonable level of fitness for this workshop. Some locations are easily accessible, others will involve a hike.
What to expect
Donegal is a beautiful part of Ireland, offering multiple photographic opportunities. There will be no set itinerary for this trip as we will be keeping a close eye on weather forecasts to ensure we have the best conditions for specific locations. However, we would plan on capturing sunrise or sunset that day. This will necessarily involve some early starts or some late nights in the summer months.
Locations that we can choose from include Fanad Lighthouse, Murder Hole beach, Bad Eddie (Eddie’s Boat), Crohy Sea Arch, the Sabrina wreck, Errigal mountain, and Dunlewey – as well as other less well-known spots.
The day will be dedicated to photography, and the aim will be to guide, to educate, to inspire and to provide you with an unforgettable experience. I will take the time to improve your photography and ensure that you gain knowledge and come away with images you can be proud of.
what is included
- 6-8 hour workshop.
- All transport during the workshop. .
- Pre-travel zoom meet and greet to explore your needs and what you want to get from the day.
- Locations that meet your photographic needs.
- Demonstration of planning apps to help you calculate the best times to be on locations.
- Travel to/from the workshop
- Meals & Drinks
- Personal / Camera /Travel Insurance
- Accommodation (I can suggest good places nearby)
what to bring
- A sense of humour and a willingness to learn!
- A DSLR/Mirrorless camera with manual mode, a sturdy tripod.
- Ideal lenses would be a Wide Angle (e.g. Full frame 14-30 or 16-35mm, Crop Sensor 10-20mm or similar) and a mid-range zoom such as a 24-70mm (FF) or 18-55mm (crop sensor).
- A longer telephoto lens could prove useful but is not essential.
- ND (Neutral Density) filters and a Polarising filter will definitely come in useful if you have them – instruction in their use will be provided if necessary.
- You will also need good walking shoes/boots, a waterproof layer and jacket.
- The weather in Donegal can vary hour by hour, so come prepared for such variations.
- Notebook and pen.
- If you shoot canon or fuji, I can provide lenses to cater for the location if yours doesn't have suitable range.
meet Your instructor
Rory has spent a lifetime roaming the Donegal hills or kayaking around the coast and exploring its islands. Mainly a Fuji shooter he also shoots Canon and has a range of lenses for both systems for participants to try over the duration of the workshops. Outside of photographing landscapes he enjoys drone photography and astro photography.
COst and deposit details
The prices are as follows: 150 euros for a 1:1 and 200 euros for a 1:2 workshop. After you confirm registering for this workshop you will receive a payment request for a non refundable deposit payment (50 euro) due within 2 weeks.
The remainder must be paid no later than 30 days before the workshop start.
Once the deposit has been paid your workshop is confirmed and the anticipation can begin!